TUSCAN BALCK CROUTONS
Original Tuscan recipe revisited in Cortona
Preparation time: 15 minutes
INGREDIENTS for about 16/20 croutons
- 2 sausages
- 5 ounces of pork spleen
- 5 ounces of chicken livers
- just over half a onion
- vegetable broth
- 3 anchovies sautéed, washed and boned
- extra virgin olive oil
- Holy wine
- Tuscan bread, alternatively use a baguette.
- let’s drain the pork spleen, for cooking we will use a saucepan or a pan with high sides with a high flame.
- let’s start putting sausages and chicken livers with vinegar, coarse salt and a bay leaf … Let them cook, turning them from time to time …
- Meanwhile prepare a mixture of small pieces with onion and a stalk of celery.
- during the cooking we check the water that is formed in the saucepan and eliminate it …
- add a drizzle of Tuscan extra virgin olive oil, the previously prepared prepared mixture and three sage leaves.
- Leave to brown over high heat.
- once you have reached the right browning, add the vinsanto and bring the cooking over a low heat.
- when the meat starts to stick to the pan add the stock and wait until it is almost completely withdrawn.
- add the capers with anchovy fillets and cook for another 5 minutes.
- once the right cooking has been obtained, whisk to obtain a fairly coarse raw mixture (it must not be an end).
- serve the mixture obtained by spreading it on slices of bread previously roasted in a homogeneous way.