Original recipe from Toscany revisited in Cortona
Preparation time: 30 minutes
- 400 gr of beans
- 300 gr of stale bread
- 150 gr extra virgin olive oil
- 2 litre of water
- cabbage cappuccino or savoy
- 1/2 ball of medium size of cabbage
- 1 bunch of chard and spinach
- 2 potatoes
- 4 zucchini
- 2 carrots
- 2 ribs of celery, a little parsley
- first of all as you know beans must be put ice water for 3/4 hours before cooking, and if they are dry in hot water for the same time.
- put the beans on the fire on a clay pot with the water.
- boil while you make a beat with a quarter of a large onion and two cloves of ‘garlic, then brown them.
- when they have browned, cut vegetables into large pieces then pour on the clay pot, then add the cabbage, chard and potatoes cut into logs
- season with salt and pepper
- add 100 grams of tomatoes and boiled vegetables all these
- adding the broth and beans.
- when all will be well cooked, prepare the bread finely chopped in a bowl and pour some layers of soup and a bit of bread.
- let stand for ten minutes before serving, add a little raw olive oil.